5 Innovative tech solutions for the digitisation of trade
Showcasing innovative tech solutions for the digitisation of trade | #techUKDigitalTrade
TradeTech refers to the use of technology to digitise trade, making it more efficient, transparent, and secure. Innovative tech solutions for digitising trade rapidly evolve and transform how businesses buy and sell goods and services—allowing organisations to bring products and services to more digitally connected customers across the globe without geographical or currency restrictions; #techUKDigitalTrade
Trade technology has significantly impacted the commodities industry, providing innovative solutions for buyers and sellers to trade commodities more efficiently and transparently. In particular, marketplace technology is increasingly important in the commodities sector, providing innovative solutions for buyers and sellers to transact more efficiently and transparently. Here are some examples of marketplace technology solutions in the commodities sector:
- Commodity trading platforms: Commodity trading platforms provide a digital marketplace for buyers and sellers to trade commodities such as metals, energy, and agricultural products. These platforms provide real-time pricing information, risk management tools, and a secure platform for transacting.
- Agricultural commodity marketplaces: Agricultural commodity marketplaces provide a platform for farmers and buyers to trade agricultural products such as grains, oilseeds, and livestock. These marketplaces provide pricing information, weather data, and other tools to help farmers manage their crops and optimise their yields. For example, GDT (Global Dairy Trade), a subsidiary of Fonterra Co-Operative Group, provides a reliable and transparent means for buying and selling dairy commodity products worldwide.
- Blockchain-based commodity trading platforms: Blockchain technology is being used to create decentralised, transparent marketplaces for trading commodities. These platforms provide a tamper-proof ledger of transactions, reducing the risk of fraud and increasing transparency in the supply chain. For example, through the OpenSea platform, collectors can now discover and purchase Christie's-curated NFTs via the Ethereum blockchain.
- Carbon credit marketplaces: Carbon credit marketplaces provide a platform for buyers and sellers to trade carbon credits, which represent a unit of greenhouse gas reduction or removal. These marketplaces provide transparency and traceability in the carbon market, allowing buyers to trace the origin and quality of carbon credits they purchase. For example, Climate Impact X (CIX) is a global marketplace auction platform enabling VCM.
- Energy trading platforms: Energy trading platforms provide a marketplace for buyers and sellers to trade energy commodities such as oil, gas, and electricity. These platforms provide real-time pricing information, risk management tools, and a secure platform for transacting.
Overall, marketplace technology is transforming the commodities sector, providing innovative solutions for buyers and sellers to transact in a more efficient and transparent manner. By leveraging these marketplace technology solutions, businesses can reduce costs, improve supply chain efficiency, and ultimately drive economic growth.
NovaFori works with forward-looking companies across the globe to help enterprises scale digitally through technology marketplace adoption to increase the value of their trading. Our mission is to help businesses and organisations - regardless of their size; to unlock their full potential and feel empowered by the possibilities of an optimised marketplace.
Subscribe to receive our blogs, white papers and media articles.