Within NovaFori, the Labs team delivers experimental / PoC work for new leads and designs the more complex features in our existing products. As a Labs team developer, you will get many opportunities to expand your technical knowledge and develop professional skills, whilst working on a dynamic and fast paced workload.
Wherever possible, you will be given freedom to evaluate new technologies, processes, tooling, and design practices, in order to enhance our products and benefit all the delivery teams at NovaFori.
If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere which favours a pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well, then NovaFori could be the place for you.
We are a growing organisation and we ask everyone to roll their sleeves up and get on with what needs doing, regardless of their role. However, in general, you will be:
- Developing features of various complexity for our products.
- Some of the work will be trivial, and implementation may be constrained by tight delivery dates.
- Other work will be substantially more complex and involve detailed design and close collaboration with the rest of the team you are working within and occasionally, other teams.
- You will make sure where necessary, the Labs team and sometimes other teams understand the design of the features you are working on.
- You must be able to communicate your ideas and designs clearly via Slack, email, over whiteboarding sessions, etc.
- You will undertake both individually and along with other members of the team, PoC work and spike stories to identify optimal solutions to business requirements or to eliminate uncertainty when estimating related work.
- You should be able to time-box any PoC and spike work to ensure that you do not lose focus of the aim of such work.
- You will participate in and contribute to the essential scrum processes adopted by the Labs team (i.e., stand-ups, estimations, planning, refinement sessions, and retros).
- You will be expected to provide regular and constructive feedback about your peers as part of our review and feedback system.
- At least 3 years of experience building complex backend applications.
- Skilled individual with full software development life-cycle experience, and excellent knowledge of both .NET fundamentals and C#
- Experience with some front-end framework, especially with React, and alternatively Angular.
- Knowledge on cloud-based services (serverless computing, message bus, databases, etc.) preferably with AWS.
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience of either SQL Server or other major relational RDBMS.
- Experience on test-driven development and unit testing frameworks (NUnit for C#, Jest for Typescript, etc.) is a must.
- Source versioning, branching strategies with git and continuous integration with TFS / Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with design patterns and demonstrable experience of having devised and worked on complex application architectures.
Considering our current tech stack, you will need to have good knowledge of:
- AWS, Serverless
- UI: React (or Angular), Redux, Bootstrap, SASS
- .NET Framework, .NET Core, NodeJS
- ASP.NET, WebAPI, OWIN
- RabbitMQ, SQS, SNS, MQTT:WS
- IdentityServer, OpenID, OAuth
- NoSQL: Couchbase, DynamoDB
- SQL: Either PostgreSQL, MySQL or Sequel Server
- Testing Framework: (experience of at least one of these (or similar)) NUnit, Moq, AutoFixture, Jest, enzyme, react testing library, Postman/Insomnia,Cypress
- Windows services
- PowerShell, Bash
- Git, TFS, Octopus or similar. CI/CD tools
- Kubernetes, Docker
We have highlighted above in bold, the technologies you will be working with most frequently.
We know that the role of developer can differ across organisations, but we expect you to be able to articulate how you have done these things at previous organisations.
- You should be able to demonstrate experience with working with agile engineering teams to successfully deliver software.
- Possess excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, from both a technical and a business point of view.
- Exhibit a strong focus on high-quality customer experience with both the client and their customer.
You should also have experience with:
- REST APIs
- Message Queues/Event Driven Design
- Unit testing and TDD
- Strangler Pattern
- Code generation
It will be useful if you also have some knowledge on:
- Azure or Google Cloud
- QA tooling: JMeter, Postman + Newman, SOAPUI, TestCafe, Selenium
- Infrastructure: Terraform, Chef, HAProxy
- Monitoring: IPAM, OpsGenie, Grafana, Kafka, LogStash, Kibana, Zabbix, New Relic, Pingdom
- Mobile: Android / IOS development, ReactNative
- Libraries / frameworks: log4net, Quartz, Swagger, Redis, Memcache, SignalR, EntityFramework, Dapper
Some of the skills and behaviour we are keen to see in a candidate:
- We do not micro-manage, so you should be able to manage your own workload.
- Ambition to grow in your role and be able to use your drive, creativity, and initiative to move the team and organisation forward.
- Be curious and motivated.
- Have team-working as a priority and drive constant improvement on collaboration.
- Actively elicit and provide feedback to drive continual self-improvement in yourself and others.
- A master of workshops, whiteboards and post-it notes (physical and digital).
The role will report to the Head of Delivery.
You will belong to the Labs/NextGen team, which includes all the roles needed to build our NextGen product and onboarding new clients. We’re looking to grow this team, reach a critical mass and then split the team into two Labs/NextGen teams to double our ability to deliver.
We pride ourselves on listening to all our employee’s needs, and we have developed our benefits package to reflect this.
We currently offer:
- Competitive Salary (Negotiable depending on experience)
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Your birthday day off
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- 4 x salary Life Assurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
NovaFori has offices in London and Malaga and currently comprise a team of 70+ people, with plans to grow as a result of major projects in the pipeline. The new London office is tailored to the needs of our innovative teams, whilst on-going production teams are basking in the Spanish sun.
Learning and Development. Your career path does not have to be linear at NovaFori. We will support you on whatever journey you wish to take.
Agile Development. We are committed to agility and encourage continuous improvement in all aspects of our business.
Great people to work with and a fun place to work. You will work with smart people like you, who are progressive and open minded.
We do things well, but do not take ourselves too seriously. Enjoy free snacks, a fridge full of drinks, pool table, team socials, axe-throwing, etc. All the tech firm clichés!
Be part of something important. We are using marketplace design and technology to disrupt multibillion-pound industries, from commodities to logistics. Be part of it!
About NovaFori: We are a cutting-edge technology company based in London and Malaga, with a decade of experience in combining business analysis, marketplace design, development, and data science. Our technology supports B2B and B2C clients in Europe, North America, and Asia, with over $11bn GMV transacted through our platforms since inception.
Our Platform: Our auction and trading platform, powered by data science, is deployed across multiple industries, including commodities, financial services, logistics and procurement. The technology platform is flexible, scalable, and modular, designed with a B2C user experience and supports the complex product attributes of the B2B world.
Data Science: We leverage data by using machine learning algorithms to understand what is happening in the market, predict future trends and optimise marketplace performance.
To apply, please submit a cv, with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and details of your current salary and remuneration package to email@example.com