July 15, 2021
Within NovaFori, the “Vera” team delivers and designs complex features for our existing product, with a primary focus on our highest revenue generating client. You will get many opportunities to expand your technical knowledge and develop professional skills, whilst working on a dynamic and fast paced workload.
Wherever possible, you will be given freedom to evaluate new technologies, processes, tooling and design practices, in order to enhance our products and benefit all the delivery teams at NovaFori.
If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere which favours a pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well, then NovaFori could be the place for you.
We are a growing organisation and we ask everyone to roll their sleeves up and get on with what needs doing, regardless of their role. However, in general, you will be:
- Writing tested, well-structured code that adheres to high-quality standards and developing features of various complexity for our products.
- Working as part of a Scrum team within a multi-team project and collaborating with clients and third parties.
- Participating in design workshops, creatively proposing solution ideas, anticipating and communicating potential technical constraints or alternatives in order to help achieve the Product Manager’s vision.
- Contributing to Scrum events, presenting in Sprint reviews and Demos, providing and receiving feedback in retrospectives, highlighting blockers in dailies, estimating in refinement and planning etc.
- Continuously improving yourself, the team, the product and looking for opportunities to address shortcomings.
- You will be accountable for the product that you develop, you will feel a sense of ownership for the results and impact of features delivered.
- Working to tight deadlines and high expectations.
Considering our current tech stack, you will need to have good knowledge of (or aptitude to learn):
- AWS, Serverless
- UI: React (or Angular), Redux, Bootstrap, SASS
- .NET Framework, .NET Core, NodeJS
- ASP.NET, WebAPI, OWIN
- RabbitMQ, SQS, SNS, MQTT:WS
- SQL: Either PostgreSQL, MySQL or Sequel Server
- Testing Framework: (experience of at least one of these (or similar)) NUnit, Moq, AutoFixture, Jest, enzyme, react testing library, Postman/Insomnia,Cypress
- Windows services
- PowerShell, Bash
- Git, TFS, Octopus or similar. CI/CD tools
- Kubernetes, Docker
We have highlighted above (in bold) the technologies you will be working with most frequently.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role building backend applications and experience implementing front-end technologies.
- Skilled individual with full software development life-cycle experience, and excellent knowledge of both .NET fundamentals and C#.
- Experience with some front-end framework, especially with React, and alternatively Angular.
- Knowledge on cloud-based services (serverless computing, message bus, databases, etc.) preferably with AWS.
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience of either SQL Server or other major relational RDBMS.
- Experience on test-driven development and unit testing frameworks (NUnit for C#, Jest for Typescript, etc.) is a must.
- Source versioning, branching strategies with Git and continuous integration with TFS / Azure DevOps.
- Experience with design patterns and demonstrable experience of having devised and worked on complex application architectures.
We know that the role of a developer can differ across organisations, but we expect you to be able to articulate how you have done these things at previous organisations.
- You should be able to demonstrate experience of working with agile engineering teams to successfully deliver software.
- Possess excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, from both a technical and a business point of view.
- Exhibit a strong focus on high-quality customer experience with both the client and their customer.
Nice to Have
It will be useful if you also have some knowledge on:
- Azure or Google Cloud
- QA tooling: JMeter, Postman + Newman, SOAPUI, TestCafe, Selenium
- Infrastructure: Terraform, Chef, HAProxy
- Monitoring: IPAM, OpsGenie, Grafana, Kafka, LogStash, Kibana, Zabbix, New Relic, Pingdom
- Mobile: Android / IOS development, ReactNative
- Libraries / frameworks: log4net, Quartz, Swagger, Redis, Memcache, SignalR, EntityFramework, Dapper
Skills & Qualities
Some of the skills and behaviour we are keen to see in a candidate:
- We do not micro-manage, so you should be able to manage your own workload.
- Ambition to grow in your role and be able to use your drive, creativity, and initiative to move the team and organisation forward.
- Be curious and motivated.
- Have team-working as a priority and drive constant improvement on collaboration.
- You actively elicit and provide feedback to drive continual self-improvement in yourself and others.
The role reports to the Programme Manager (Existing Clients)
You will belong to the “Vera” team a London based cross-functional Scrum team (Tech lead, Scrum Master, QA, Developers).
We pride ourselves on listening to all our employee’s needs and we have developed our benefits package to reflect this. We currently offer:
- Competitive Salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Private health scheme
- 4 x salary Life Assurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
What is it like to work for NovaFori?
NovaFori have offices in London and Malaga and are currently a team of approximately 70+people, with plans to continue to grow as a result of major projects in the pipeline.
Learning and Development.
Your career path does not have to be linear at NovaFori. We will support you on whatever journey you wish to take.
We are committed to Agile and encourage continuous improvement in all aspects of our business. Great people to work with and a fun place to work. You will work with smart people like you, who are progressive and open minded.
Be part of something important.
We are using marketplace design and technology to disrupt multibillion-pound industries, from commodities to logistics. Be part of it!
About NovaFori: We are a cutting-edge technology company based in London and Malaga, with a decade of experience in combining business analysis, marketplace design, development, and data science. Our technology supports B2B and B2C clients in Europe, North America, and Asia, with over $11bn GMV transacted through our platforms since inception.
Our Platform: Our auction and trading platform, powered by data science, is deployed across multiple industries, including commodities, financial services, logistics and procurement. The technology platform is flexible, scalable, and modular, designed with a B2C user experience and supports the complex product attributes of the B2B world.
Data Science: We leverage data by using machine learning algorithms to understand what is happening in the market, predict future trends and optimise marketplace performance.
To apply, please submit a cv, with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and details of your current salary and remuneration package to email@example.com