NovaFori attends to the Tech Led Decarbonisation Showcase organised by TechUK
Organisations of all shapes, sizes and sectors are facing challenging new pressures to decarbonise and achieve sustainable goals while scaling. In a sustainable, conscious world, society tends to base its buying decisions on companies with carbon reduction targets and clear strategies for getting there. Investors and partners also choose to put their money into businesses with strong environmental credentials, and regulations are increasingly requiring companies to disclose their credentials.
The Tech Led Decarbonisation Showcase, organised by TechUK, was full of insights and vision for the future from well-known companies who have developed tech solutions and platforms to aid firms in their decarbonisation journey, from establishing baselines to offsetting to becoming more circular. As a team, we had the great pleasure of presenting and sharing with the rest of the attendees our experience of how carbon marketplace and auction technology implementation helped bring transparency to an ESG offering.
The topics discussed included, among others setting out the drivers for decarbonisation:
- Microsoft discussed how they help their customers understand energy and emissions data from their use of Microsoft products, particularly those based in the cloud.
- Climate Essentials, Climax Community covered how their Climate Essentials carbon management system helps organisations streamline their climate action journey by measuring, managing, and reducing their emissions.
- Circularity First talked about the broad scope of carbon impacts from tech itself and ways to mitigate, from the embodied carbon in physical products to the role of data in increasing demand, and how software is written in compounding both.
- Accenture discussed sustainability in Technology: 5-10% of an organisation's carbon footprint currently comes from their IT estate. Their presentation focused on measuring, reducing, and mitigating technology's carbon footprint.
- Sage walked us through how their carbon accounting solution can help businesses easily understand and reduce their environmental impact.
At NovaFori, we are excited about the opportunity technology has to provide scaled execution for ESG ambitions.
Interested to learn more about our services?
NovaFori specialises in bringing technology and business together. We combine our expertise in product development and delivery management to build and design the right digital platform for your unique business needs.
Subscribe to receive our blogs, white papers and media articles.